Monday, August 18, 2008

E-Mail

Taylor loves to color and write. Often throughout the day she will go into the kitchen, grab some paper and colors out of the cupboard and sit for an hour. She likes to pick a crayon, look at the color of it (for example, turquoise), then write with the crayon the name of the color. She will fill a page with 30 some color names. Another favorite is to draw our family. She will draw everyone in order, starting with Chris as the tallest, and draw each of us as smaller and smaller all the way down to Lacey. She will search you out to see what you are wearing (I had on gray shorts and a red shirt~so that is what she drew) or ask you what color you want you clothes ("Molly, what color do you want your dress to be?") and finally she puts everyones age above their heads: Chris gets 35, I get 33, she gets 6, Molly gets 4, Morgan gets 2, and Lacey gets 0.

Tonight, she was drawing and left the picture on the table to go do something else. When I went in the kitchen to start dinner I asked her what she had been drawing. It looked like a picture of her between two gardens. She told me it was a picture of her going on a trip....OK....then she asked me what she should take along. I suggested a camera, then I started making dinner. A few minutes later she brings her picture to me with some additions. She had added a camera, some snacks, and a computer, "So I can e-mail you, mama."

No comments: