So germs have been the most interesting thing in our house lately~sigh! Ran Molly to Urgent Care today. She was just crying and crying about her neck hurting, she could barely move it, her shoulders looked so tense. I was talking to a friend on the way there (thanks Kari!) and she mentioned chiropractic care which made me think about Ballet. She had been complaining about her head hurting prior to ballet, but it was after that it really bothered her. I just assumed that all the bouncing around put her over the edge, but I had not explored the possibility that she may have injured herself. So I started to ask the 'right' questions.
Did something during ballet hurt your neck?
Mrs. Davis had us put our heads back.
Is that when it started to hurt?
Yes.
Were you sitting or standing?
Just standing.
But that's when it started it to hurt?
Yes
So I explained the newest developments to the Dr. and we decided that we had two different issues, strep being one and a pulled or agitated neck muscle as the other. We picked up a 'fun' heating pad on the way home and hit her with some more Motrin. This afternoon has been much better than the previous 48 hours. Lesson learned: Sometimes you just have to ask the right questions.
1 comment:
I know someone that could help her feel better a lot faster ;)! Try not to put too much heat on it because it will inflame the area more. If she will let you put an ice pack on it (wrapped in a towel). Hope you all feel better soon!
Post a Comment