
During my daycare hours I run a 'project time'. We do calendar, weather, counting, colors, letters, etc. I'm on my third year with the same kids so this year I decided to spice it up a little by introducing "Sammy". Sammy 'sleeps' until the kids sing the alphabet and then he 'helps' us learn about the letter of the week.
Despite the fact that I don't even pretend to be a ventriloquist the kids LOVE Sammy! I do a different voice for him and if the kids address Sammy and I slip up the conversation looks something like this:
Molly: Sammy, Sammy
Me: What Molly?
Molly: No mom, I'm asking Sammy.
Me: Oh sorry.
Me: What Molly? (in goofy Sammy voice)
They even look at the puppet when they are talking. And they are excited to tell him things. For example, on Friday Molly had this conversation with Sammy:
Molly: Guess what Sammy.
Sammy: What Molly?
Molly: I'm going to be on a stage for ballet.
Sammy: Oh, that sounds like fun.
Molly: And I'm going to wear my beautiful golden dress.
Sammy: You are very lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment