We arrived at Jellystone in the Wisconsin Dells around 7:00 on Friday night.
We stayed in one of the Ranger Lodges (aka as a trailer home)
'cause that is as 'roughin' it as I will do!
It's amazing how the six of us survived for three nights in this little place...our house seemed gigantic when we got home! But the nicest part was that we were able to walk to everything we needed; water park, other families campsites, mini-golfing, and the ranger store.
The start of this 2nd annual trip up to Jellystone is my...OK~try to keep up...step-sister in-laws's daughters birthday. They live in Minnesota and have a camper so have made the trek the past two years to jellystone to celebrate her birthday and we have joined them...in a little less rustic way, but have joined them and her sister Amy (who also owns a tent) none the less. From left to right is Carrie and Eric' oldest Carter who is 4, then Taylor, then Olivia the birthday girl who turned two, then Morgan, Molly and Lacey who didn't want to hold onto hands...pouty face!
Morgan is checking out the mini-golf...she just wanted to see if that was the real Yogi Bear....sorry Morgie not the real one! Our lodge is just beyond the trees in the background so like I said before nice and close.
Have I mentioned yet that I'm not much of a camper? But I do enjoy a good campfire. So we took advantage of the great one that Eric had started at their campsite and roasted marshmallows for s'mores~yummo! The girls don't look very happy but I think they are a bit nervous about having their marshmallows so close to the fire and were not exactly thrilled when they caught on fire...whoops! But the end result was still delicious!

No comments:
Post a Comment