Thursday, September 3, 2009

After School

I waited patiently for the bus and crossed my fingers....it's always an adventure waiting for the bus. Ever since Taylor's 1st day of Kindergarten when she didn't return on the bus I always worry...but they all did return today with happy faces.

We planned a picnic and icecream cone party with some of the neighbors since it was such a gorgeous day and this being year 3 it's becoming tradition!

Here are the second graders! And here are the Kindergartners!
Molly wasn't thrilled about the bus. She said the corners were too fast. She just got used to riding in a booster seat in the van because she didn't like not having a harness over her shoulders so I'm sure having no seatbelt at all on the bus was unnerving for her.
Day two was a bit traumatic. I guess someone messed up and there were too many kids on the rabbit bus for the ride home. So they decided to pull the kids that get off at my kids' bus stop and put them on the seal bus.....Molly did not like that at all...I guess she was crying.. : (
She didn't want to get off the rabbit bus and I'm guessing she was also worried about being separated from Taylor...I asked Taylor afterwards what she said to Molly and she said, "We'll be home soon." It took 50 minutes from the time the bell rang until they got home...that's a long time on your first full day of school. She has been happy but exhausted and ready for bed by 7:30~yipee!
Overall, a good start to the school year!

No comments: