Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

We spent Labor Day at Devil's Lake in Baraboo. I used to go there often with my family when I was growing up but I figured it has been at least 8 years since I had been there....BK (before kids) ; )

The last time I was there Chris and I had been on a date and he let me take him out in the canoe....my hunky husband cannot swim so this was not a comfortable position to be in....but he was willing to trust me...silly guy! I decided then he was probably a keeper....

Anyway, back to today...the kids were excited to see the lake and the 'beach'. The beach was more rocks than sand~ouch to walk on! But the kids were throwing rocks in the water within minutes of arriving. Lacey is going to throw it reeeeeeally far!
Grandma Dar and Grandpa Ed brought along this little raft. Morgan loved the oars! She spent a good amount of time just floating around with or without a passenger. Lacey was OK for a little awhile and then headed back to the beach.
Molly was a busy girl. She dug a hole and then had fun filling it up with water. She's standing in her hard work.

Aunt Heidi started to collect big rocks from under the water and bringing them to shore to make a pile. Not so entertaining for adults~extremely entertaining for 7 year-olds!

It was a very fun day. The weather was awesome! We did not do any hiking but promised the kids we would come back soon...which is good because Taylor 'hid' that big rock so she can find it when we come back....
Lacey has had enough.....her and Morgan were asleep before we got back to Hwy 12.






No comments: