Monday she got to share her Favorite Things book that we had worked on over the previous week. There were pages about where she was born, what is she good at (swinging), and what is her favorite color (a toss up between purple and red). She drew a picture of our family and cut pictures out of magazines for her favorite foods (which mostly consisted of cookies, brownies, and icecream). Her favorite animal was a grafe (giraffe~for those of you not fluent in Kindergartenese) and her favorite TV show is Magic School Bus.
On Tuesday, she brought in pictures that went on this bulletin board.
On Wednesday, I had the pleasure of spending some time with Molly and her classmates. They were studying apples that day so I told them the story of the little red house with no windows, no doors, and a star inside. (It's an apple cut horizontally along the middle that reveals the star...it's a crowd pleaser!) The I made an apple craft with them where they colored a paper plate that had a small hole in it, I drew a smiley face on their index finger and then taught them a fingerplay where at the end they poke their finger through the hole in their apple and pretend to be the worm. (I was a big hit that day...I know...it wasn't about me...back to Molly) Her task that day was to bring something from home in a bag and give her classmates clues as to what was in the bag. The picture below is her standing in front of her classmates and proudly providing the clues: 1. it's orange 2. it's a circle 3. I wear it around my neck. Correct! It's an orange necklace!
On Thursday, she got to take in a favorite book. She chose to take a Disney Look and Search book....not my first choice...but it's not about me.....Friday, was her treat day. They are 'eating through the alphabet' right now, so we were assigned the letter 'L'. After Chris did a google search and offered up suggestions of liver, lobster, and lasagna we decided to go with lemon cookies and lemonade.
She got to wear the special person crown on her head all week...which was defintely a highlight. Overall, it was a good week to be a star!
No comments:
Post a Comment