Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Germs...............

Molly felt a bit better on Sunday.

Monday morning, I noticed that Lacey had a wet nose and she started a temperature right around noon. After nap, all she wanted to do was lay on either daddy or mommy. Temperature was up to around 102 and I was having a tough time getting it to stay down with Motrin. By 4:00 she was barking like a seal.

By 7:00 she was weazing and her intake was raspy sounding so I called the clinic and we took a trip into urgent care. She wasn't thrilled about getting her coat on at 7:30 so she started to fuss but stepping outside into the cooler air helped her catch her breath.

At the clinic, she got her little face mask which she refused to wear. They verified that she had croup and gave us meds and a nebulizer. She took one treatment at the clinic and really did very well. After picking up her prescription, we headed home and had one more treatment before settling in for bed at midnight.
More treatments on day two but a vast improvement from day one......so is this H1N1? It hit Molly very quickly too but with her bigger air passages she was able to deal with her coup without needing medication. She seemed to regress again on day 4 of her illness so I took her in on day 5 because her temperature was up again and I've heard that secondary infections are the biggest concern right now and she came out with an ear infection...so she's on meds now too.
It hit Lacey like a ton of bricks...within 4 hours she went from playing to puddle. So now I cross my fingers and hope for the best for the other two kids...oh yea...mommy and daddy too...it figures we have big plans for the weekend....think happy/healthy thoughts!

No comments: