Friday, February 5, 2010

Bark Bark Bark

Wednesday morning Morgan crawled into bed with me at about 6 am and was barking like a seal....oh joy!  Kind of late to call my families and close for the day so I crossed my fingers and hoped it was just a fluke.

No such luck.  She coughed randomly throughout the day and it stayed barky.

Bed time rolls around so we do bath, some vicks, and get the humidifier out.  About midnight Morgan crawls into bed with us again and then by 3 am Lacey starts barking....so forget sleeping tonight.  Manage to get Morgan back into her bed and then lay in my bed listening to the next time Lacey gasps for a breathe.....oh how I hate croup!

So at 4 am I get Lacey up and dig out the nebulizer.  I also take her temp which is 102 auxillary so she also gets some Motrin.  After the neb, I try to sleep on the couch with her but it's obvious that she wants to lay in her bed so back she goes and she does manage to stay asleep then until 8:30.

Taylor woke up with all the hustle and bustle so now she wants to stay up.  I call my daycare families at 5 am to let them know that I will be closed for the day so I can get my girls to the clinic for some meds. And then head back to bed with Taylor this time.  We snooze for maybe a half hour and then start getting ready for school.  *yawn*

We switched health insurance carriers as of the first of the year so this was the first time we were having to use the new services.  I decided to take the girls to the Take Care Clinic inside the Walgreens store.  We loaded up with distractions (paper, crayons, books) which was good because it's just a store so there were only a few random chairs to be used as a waiting area.  Our timing was just bad so we actually had to wait 30 minutes before we were seen and then we had to wait for our meds to be ready.

The two-hour fieldtrip in Walgreens ended at 12.  With a sick, tired, and now hungry 3 year old tantrum....gotta love those!

Thursday night was much better....I think we were all too exhausted to wake up....

On Friday, Taylor woke up barking so she stayed home..........and the story continues......

No comments: