Friday, August 6, 2010

Waffle

I am a waffle.

Send Morgan to 4K...don't send her to 4K...send her to 4K....don't send her to 4K....

Then back in May I got a phone call that informed me that I did not get my first choice of placements so I thought, that's it..decision made...not going to do it.  But then the secretary talked the waffle into at least reserving a spot and getting put on a waiting list for my first choice....*sigh*

As the calendar flipped to August the panic started again.  My concern is that Morgan is not used to leaving me.  Swimming lessons last year.... were a mess.  Ballet this past winter....a mess.  Music class this summer....was fine as long as I was right there with her.  If I were able to drop her off and had to leave her crying with a preschool teacher I think (though obviously not an easy thing to do) that I could do that. But she has to take the bus (and that's a whole issue in of itself) and I can't see strapping my crying 4 year-old into a seat belt and sending her off with a bus driver (poor bus driver). 

So in my panic I decided to enroll her in the last session of swimming lessons for the season.  I had flashbacks of last years fiasco but kept a positive spirit as we headed to the pool.  And after all that.....

She loves it!

Went right with her teacher, followed directions, appeared cooperative.
She looks back at us often and blows kisses but overall, she is having a good time.

And after only two days, is in love with her teacher.  After lessons she happily greets us, gets her towel, and then has to go back and give her teacher a hug before we leave.

So what does this mean.....the only thing 4K can offer me is weaning my child off of me.  In my opinion, 4K does not offer any curriculum I am not already providing, and as far as social skills goes...she learns enough 'bad' things from her older sisters...she doesn't need bad peer influences at this age.  Soooooo weaning her of me does not seem to be as much of a concern as I thought it would be....thanks swimming lessons...$30 well spent!  Thanks 4K but no thanks!

Side-note:  Taylor and Molly during swimming lesson counting each others mosquito bites....everything is a competition...guess who won!

No comments: