We traveled...and traveled...and traveled...1 hour and 18 minutes according to MapQuest...assuming you don't get lost...if you get lost it takes you 1 hour and 40 minutes...just so you know! I mean really...who puts two streets named 100 so flippin close to each other....
Anyway...I pulled over and asked for directions...and we made it!
Taylor is number 3....fidgeting with her hair on the end...listening to a last minute pep talk from coach.
The weather forecast was not good for the day...but thankfully by the time Taylor played the rain had come to an end...and by the last game of the day the sun was shining.
She played hard. Knocked to the ground and pops back up again. Someone called her 'scrappy'...and I couldn't agree more...very proud of her willingness to get in there and fight for the ball.
This was our 'home away from home' for the day.
Her first two games didn't allow much time inbetween...so we grabbed some lunch...changed out of damp clothes and got ready for game number two.
I worked on my competition induced tourettes syndrome. Last year I was calm, cool, and collected...this year I'm jumping out of my seat and yelling as if she can actually hear me....I physically clasped my hand over my mouth a few times....my comments were supportive and encouraging at all times...just a little loud. I'm work'in on it.
Inbetween games two and three we had 3 hours to burn. So what's a girl to do?????
Paint some nails! What color? Red! 'Red'y To Score a Goal Red.....sorry, that was bad!
And played some cards.
Time to get ready for game 3.
Quick electrolyte slam.
After another hard played game the girls were thrilled to collect their trophies.
Way to go Team Independence!









No comments:
Post a Comment