I love all my girls!
Each for their own special reasons.
But Lacey has been stealing the spotlight lately and I feel the need to pause and ponder.
All my girls are as full of energy as any other typical kiddo but when we are in public shyness has been the prevailing mood. And along comes Lacey! Her language really burst at 2 1/2 and I don't think she has slowed down since. I love how she arranges her sentences....My do it my own self....
Today we went and did some after-Christmas shopping and I'm guessing Lacey was still in the mood...as she sat in the shopping cart she wished passing shoppers, "Merry Christmas"...and when they wouldn't reply she would turn to me and ask, "Why they no say Merry Christmas to me?" I tried to assure her that they must not have heard her as I smiled fondly at those big blue eyes and the little blonde curl that always finds its way to her forehead.
Then we went to the library and she played at the train table. Molly joined her and there was another little boy that was already there. As I watched, Lacey jumped right in and claimed an open train and began her venture around the table. When she approached the little guy who was probably a year older than she was she introduced herself, "My name is Lacey..." and then she introduces her 6-year-old sister!..."and this is Molly."....The boy pretty much ignored her so she repeated it again a few minutes later.... As she continues with her train table circuits she doesn't miss a beat as she glances up and sees a woman carrying around her 4-month old baby and says, "I love your baby."...the woman smiled and said, "Thank you."....Really...what do you say??? Lacey had turned the corner already while the woman was still processing what had just taken place.
Oh Lacey...I ponder the adventures that you will be taking us on as you grow into your little personality.
Thankfully, your heart is as big as your mouth!
*smooch*
No comments:
Post a Comment