Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Peed it Myself!

Luvs...Pampers....Huggies.....name your brand....I've been buying them for over 8 1/2 years!
But the time has come....my last little lady is joining the ranks of potty-trained!

I enjoy nothing about the potty-training process...I screamed and cried as much as the girls did...(if not more!)...but I have learned a few lessons along the way and I guess it was worth it because the grand finale has been relatively smooth and lacking in drama.

I trained none of my girls 'early'.
And even though I hoped I might get through one (out of four) trained without extra loads of laundry it was not meant to be.  I have had no luck ever trying to potty-train one of my daughters in pull-ups...even training pants just seem to prolong the inevitable....they need to feel it running down their leg..(*sorry*)...so she put on some nice thick pants and socks and we went with the flow..(*again, sorry*)..and it really wasn't too bad..two little misshaps on the carpet where the pants and socks didn't soak up enough....about a week of wet clothes and Lacey has figured it out!

So in addition to my glee I have to tell you what Lacey says as she is waiting to _____ ***

"Wait-for-it"
"Wait-for-it"
"Wait-for-it"
LOL!


Mommy:  Morgan, that's a really nice picture.
I like your big blue circle.


Morgan:  Mommy, it's a potty!

Never a dull moment around here!

No comments: