Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The First Day of My Summer Break...*break~yah right!*

No really...I enjoy my crazy summer schedule!  I like all the different activities and the different schedules and the pacing..it's just a different feel then the routine of the school year.  So bring it on...we're ready!


Taylor started her first day of break with day one of soccer camp.  She's such a trooper...up and ready to go a little unsure of who she might know or not know but still very willing to go and play.  Bonus was that she did know a few of the girls and even a boy from her class.  

Then it was rehearsal day!  Morgan and Molly have been taking dance lessons during the school year and now it's recital time! This year the girls will have separate recitals so that means separate rehearsals.

Monday was rehearsal day and Morgan was first!


The hair went up; the gloves went on; and we even added a little mascara to her red...yes red eyelashes!
Molly came along for some sisterly support.



This was Morgan's first year so she had just one performance.  


Ballet.



After a quick lunch, it was Molly's rehearsal time.  She was such a pro!



This is Molly's third year.



So she has a ballet performance.


A tap performance.



 And a jazz performance.  Check out those shiny capri's!


After dinner, Morgan and Lacey had music class over at the park and recreation building.  All my girls have gone through 'Miss Kristin's' music classes.  Morgan and Lacey were so cute together.  Always checking to see where the other one was and smiling and laughing.  LOVE IT!


After all that busy I decided to introduce the girls to a new little project I had worked on.  It's the 'How I Help My Family' poster.  Other possible names that were rejected were; 'Job Chart', and 'Work Board'..but those didn't sound 'fun'...my other thought was the 'So Mom Doesn't Have To Do It All Chart'....but that was too long to fit across the top!

So I used some magnets and some clip-art to make pictures of jobs around the house that the girls can help with.  Some of them like making their beds, brushing their teeth, and reading will always stay.  Others like helping with laundry, or cleaning their rooms will rotate among them.  And some jobs like sweeping and vacuuming are only for the big girls. 

They.were.so.excited!  Lacey wanted to make her bed right away...it took some discussion to convince her that she was going to go to sleep in her bed now so it would be best to make it in the morning.


The girls have been doing great and are actually remembering more than I am....'mom, I have to help with dinner'....'mom, I get to set the table'....I KNOW!  Amazing right!

Taylor even came up to me, hugged me, and told me she loved it! Why did I not think of this sooner!

For the big girls there is $1 a week included in this deal which hopefully will help with motivation...I'm no fool...I'm well aware that the euphoria mentioned above will dwindle with time...but cold hard cash baby!!!!!....well...we'll see!

'How I Help My Family' chart week one:  a success!

No comments: