It rained. There were no glistening white snowflakes on my babies eyelashes no crunch of snow beneath our feet...but there was also no whining about being cold and complaining because they were tired from walking in the snow. So I'll take the rain...it doesn't have to be a new tradition...but it was fine.
I was a little worried about getting stuck in the mud though. The ground has not frozen yet so the rain made lots of mud that made my van fishtail...at least I still had that tradition!
Lacey and Molly picked out their favorite trees. Maybe in another 10 years!
The four supervisors watched carefully while daddy cut down the tree.
Helping to carry the tree to the car.
We left it to drip and dry for a night before welcoming our little white pine into the house. I couldn't resist putting the lights on but the girls are waiting patiently to do the ornaments.
Molly and Lacey helped with the lights.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......
So I thought I would put some lights in our backyard this year so we could see them from our back window. I started with the maple tree...which blew our light socket and then the fuses in the strings of lights...so they will not be lighting this year...and then followed one of my flower beds and strung lights on the shepards hook holding the birdfeeder and draped some in the rose bush....and wa-la...I created a Christmas Ostrich!
Or an emu..mabye a llama?...we haven't decided yet...it's so silly it makes me smile everytime I glance out into my backyard. I hope everyone has a chance to find their Christmas Ostrich this year!
1 comment:
I think it looks like a flamingo...can you switch it for pink lights?? Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment