Sunday, January 8, 2012

Epiphany Play

Balthazar, Melachoir, and Caspar...we've spent a lot of time together this past week!

The girls decided that they wanted to be in the church play...so we had practice last week and today was the big day!  First we had faith formation class...teach epiphany...then taught Children's Liturgy during Mass...teach epiphany...then the play...that's a lot of camels!



I think the girls liked the costumes the best.

Molly was the only one who wanted a 'speaking' part.  She was Courtier #1 to King Herod and her line was, "No King Herod, it is not about you."  She delivered her line nice and clear and loud..atta girl!

 Morgan was a sheep along with the other Kindergartener's.  She was very cute with her little black paws and nose!
Taylor was an angel in the choir and loved loved loved her white gown and halo.


Monsignior Gunn did a bunch of thank-you's at the end and then went on to explain that these experiences make for fond Christmas memories....and I couldn't agree more. 

I remember with great fondness attending Saturday practices for most of December to practice singing in the choir. I loved to sit in the choir loft and feel surrounded by the sounds of the organ and piano. Christmas Eve was also my Grandpa's birthday so we were always with family that night, celebrating his special day first and then getting ready in our special Christmas clothes, having our hair fixed and making the cold wintery trek to church.  It's was great nostalgia that I still feel the crunch of snow beneath my fancy Christmas shoes and smell the frankinsence in the air.

My girl's will have their play 14 days after Christmas in honor of the Epiphany...the arrival of the kings...a little less hectic then the mad Christmas Eve rush...but, I hope,  just as special and fond in their childhood memories.

No comments: