Happy 100th Birthday Girl Scouts!
We celebrated with scouts from in and around Madison today.
They do make two cute little daisy's!
There were stations for us to visit. Here the girls are signing the big board.
It was a vow to be a good friend to others. Morgan signed her name and her troop number.
This station was a code station. Each letter of the alphabet coincided with a certain flag position. The girls tried spelling their names.
Then the girls got a quick lesson on how to use a compass. North, south, east west.
Race ya to the top!
It was a good afternoon. We finished with some tattoos...girls rock! And they certainly do!!!
As I start on this journey with Morgan as a girl scout I regret not having started my older two...guess I'll have to do something about that...now where's that calendar!!!
**********************
I recently spent some time with the women who were the girl scout leaders of my troop, troop 227. We laughed and remembered camp-outs and impromptu concerts, bats in attics and faces drawn on chins. And while those were fond memories; they were in the past and what surrounded us in that room we sat in was the present ~ and what we have become..wives, mothers, working professionals, students and girl scout leaders to the next generation. We've come full circle.
Make new friends
But keep the old
One is silver
and the other is gold
A circle is round
It has no end
That's how long
I want to be your friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment