Saturday, June 2, 2012

Recital Time

Weeks and months of tying tap shoes and ballet slippers came to an end today surrounded by sequins, ruffles, and feathers.


The girls were up very early this morning...they were so excited and I think a little anxious as well.


And as schedules go today was a doozie!

I was up until 3:00 am the night before practicing the spelling lesson I had to teach for my grad class...so their sparkly eyes at 6:00 were slightly unwelcome, but necessary.  We got going, showered and I did their hair before I left for Whitewater with strict instruction to not lay down or touch their hair for the next five hours~totally do-able!
-
Chris and the grandmas on lady-to-lady defense took the girls to the dress rehearsal, had their pictures taken, and fed them lunch.  I pulled into the driveway with 3 minutes to spare and we were off to the recital!  Thank you soooo much Grandma Sue and Grandma Dar!



Lacey and Morgan with Miss Kristi~the dance teacher.

Molly is such a pro at this point...she had her stuff together, she knew her costume changes, her routines, and is right at home among the crazy mommas sewing, pinning, and spraying.


This was Lacey's first year in dance and she did an amazing job.  She knew her routine well and was very patient.  They danced to 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".  And what little girl doesn't love a  sparkle and a tutu!  (Though they were a little itchy in the beginning)

Lacey with her little neighborhood buddy Lily...they are quite a pair!


Morgan is sharing ballerina secrets.


This was Morgan's second year and she danced ballet to "Rainbow Connection".  Morgan sitting with her little friends backstage.


After applause, bows, curtsies,and flowers we headed back to the house for picture studio.  I just couldn't get enough cute pictures of my beautiful ladies!







Molly danced like a rockstar...girl has some moves!
Ballet was "Who Says", tap was "Rockin' Robin", and jazz was "Seize the Day".


She is shy in so many places and situations, but on the stage she shines. She smiles and composes herself with such grace~I couldn't be prouder.


Growing up so fast and into such a little lady!


June 2, 2012 "The Child Inside"

No comments: