Sunday, July 31, 2016

The Decade Birthday

Morgan celebrated her 10th birthday this year.  The Friday of her birthday weekend we had family over for pasta and ice cream cake.  The weather was nice and we dined outside.  Morgan was happy that she got to go shopping with both Grandma's and so she had picked out a fair share of her new clothes already, but she still received a few surprises!




*********************************
The next day we spent some time at Little Amerricka.  Morgan liked the mini roller coaster; Lacey not so much.  They all went on the tram around the park and then Morgan and Lacey also did the bumper boats.  Morgan, Lacey, and I went on the tilt-a-whirl.  I thought I'd give it another try.  I had tried it about 2 years ago and it did not go well!  This time was a little better~mostly because we were trying not to twirl...Lacey did not enjoy this ride either. Morgan on the other hand, loved all the twirling~I was able to grin and bare it for the mother daughter moment.


Lacey enjoyed the helicopter with Morgan.

Lacey did NOT enjoy the rollercoaster.
So then Morgan had to go solo.





*************************************

The actual day was also the Waunafest parade day.  We picked up her friend Helen and we headed into Waunakee.  Grandma Dar's front yard was very full this year.  It was a great parade and the company was even better!  (Though we did miss Harlan and Ellen this year!)  After the parade, we had lunch in the house and then we walked up to the park.  More rides!  Morgan did the tilt-a-whirl again and the monkey ride with Helen and Molly.



We ended the birthday weekend at home with lego construction and watching American Ninja Warrior (one of Morgan's favorites)


Written by Morgan
When I was ten
.......I liked gymnastics; I can do a backbend and walk over
.......I liked America's Got Talent
.......I wore glasses
.......I like my hair braided
.......I like to eat macaroni and cheese (from the blue box)
.......I like popsicles
.......I enjoy playing with my neighbors; Adison, Morgan, Taegan, and Aria
.......I sleep on the top bunk
.......I play soccer
.......I am learning to play the piano and my favorite song to play is the Star Spangled Banner
.......I like to have sleepovers
.......I like to swim underwater and I can jump off the diving board
.......I had Mrs. Wheeler and Mrs. Statz for my 4th grade teachers
.......I like to make Musicaly's and Snapchat videos like my big sister

No comments: