Sunday, October 31, 2021

October


Homecoming Senior Year
Fun with friends~
**************************************

Hard-working soccer players


*********************************************

I accidentally had TWO class pets this fall.

Pet #1~a caterpillar courtesy of Tim 'knowing a guy'

He's getting ready to make his chrysalis

The chrysalis!
7-10 days later!  The chrysalis becomes transparent and you can see the wings through it.  I took this photo at 7:47 when I got to school.  Then I looked away to get ready for the day and.....
...by 8:04 this had happened!  I was so mad I missed it!
It did make for a very exciting morning though!

The drying and full wings took about an hour.
The next day was 'release' day.  I brought all my students outside for the official departure.  There was a good amount of cheering.  I hope Aponi (butterfly in Native American) made it to Mexico!
*********************************************

Taylor and I went back to Olbrich for the Glow Night.  Lots of cool exhibits, fun with the camera ball too!







*********************************************

Second pet of the year, courtesy of the custodian who thought I would like it.  A VERY LARGE praying mantis.

My guided study had fun catching crickets in the garden and watching the praying mantis behead and then eat them.

When I went to release him he didn't want to go.  He kept walking back towards my shoes.
********************************************************

Fall photo shoot at Devil's Lake







Back across the Wisconsin River on the ferry at sunset.

******************************************************

Wine and Witches Walk in Waunakee

******************************************************

Head in the game!



*******************************************************

Halloween

Scary!


Sweet

Service Industry

(Morgan stopped working at Piggly Wiggly in anticipation of a busy gymnastics season~she also wanted to finish up before all those heavy turkeys were bought before Thanksgiving and Christmas!)

Superhero!

 









No comments: