Monday, January 31, 2022

January

First home gymnastics meet was January 3rd!
Family got to come see Morgan complete.









 Photo creds to Taylor.

Then Friday of this first week of January Morgan started presenting with symptoms of Covid.  I quarantined her to her room for the weekend and had her mask when she came out of her room.  Molly started presenting on Sunday.  On Monday, Molly and Morgan waited for 3 hours in line to get tested at the school testing site.  Within 24 hours they both tested positive.  Thankfully, their symptoms were basic cold-like symptoms.  Molly was a little worse off because of her asthma~but both weathered it very well.  Lacey and I chose to get tested that week as well, and we were both negative.  No one else got it.  It did however, postpone the girls in getting their Covid booster shot since the doctor suggested that they all wait for six weeks after their positive results.

It also caused us to postpone two doctors appointments that we had had scheduled for months.  The specialty clinics didn't want them in clinic until 30 days after their positive result~interesting since after 5 they can go back to school (if they are not presenting with symptoms) So Molly had to postpone her toe appointment and Morgan had to postpone her eye appointment.  Morgan also missed participating in both an away and a home meet because she was sick and couldn't practice.

***********************************************************

Attendance at school was also not good.  The first three weeks of January there were some days I only had 1/2 my students in my classroom.  I also got daily, sometimes multiple, emails from Waunakee about positive cases of Covid in Morgan and Lacey's classrooms.

Thankfully, by the end of January, things had calmed down.  I'm hopeful that Omicron is the turning point from pandemic to epidemic.  That could mean we could end out mask mandate this spring *fingers crossed*




No comments: