
Took the kids out to find a christmas tree. Yes, it's 10 degrees outside and the wind is blowing, and the kids are freezing but we have to have a tree......not any tree....'the' tree. Begin the search......................

We took the horse drawn wagon tour of the tree farm. Saw a few trees that held promise, but our bottoms were frozen to the seats and we couldn't get off!....No, we (mostly Chris) decided that we should stay on the wagon and find a tree closer to the car. About half-way through we picked up some new people and a very nice man....who had a white beard (coincidence???) led us in singing Jingle Bells. It was cute!

After the ride, the kids were starting to complain. So I looked at the pre-cut ones and liked none of them. We decided to pack up and buy a pre-cut one off of the lot they had in town. We had to take two vehicles, one full of kids (the van) and one with a rack on top (the blazer) to hold the tree. Chris got to drive the blazer....and listen to the Packer game while I got to listen to "I'm cold!" "My toes are frozen" "I want to go home" "I don't want to get a Christmas tree"........definately think Chris got the better end of that deal! We got to the lot and let the kids stay in the warm van while Chris and I picked out 'the' tree.

Back in the van the kids had gotten warmer~were whining less~and Lacey had fallen off to sleep looking a little like Rudolph!
1 comment:
Oh you show off. Is this post for me to let me know you braved 10 degree weather? I'm telling you, we've lost our internal cold weather fighters. LOL
Post a Comment