Friday, August 27, 2010

Miss Independent

Oh child....what am I going to do with you!

Swimsuit four sizes to small (it's a 12 month swimsuit...she's 4!) and boots four sizes too big (mine~when I like to think that I'm sassy!)

Four has brought with it a heaping spoon-full of sass!  One moment she is sweet as can be...walks up to me and just wants a kiss...the next she is screaming so loud that I'm sure the windows will shatter...and the next she is shaking her head and eyeballs at me in her attempt to mimic her 'worldly older-sister'. 

And then there's the word, "dead"....I have no idea where this has come from...not a word we use a lot in our house and definitely not in the context she is using it.  My guess is she associates the word dead with something bad.  So she will say, "I don't want these dead green beans" or "I'm not going to wear that dead blue shirt".  It could be worse.....

Dear Morgan,
Please get through this phase quickly!! 
Love, Mommy

ps.  And stay out of my closet!

No comments: