Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Feels Like Summer

It feels like summer!  The countdown to the end of school has begun and the kids are in their swimsuits!


And then they are in another swimsuit...and then a cover-up...then a towel...because everything is 'new' again since it was tucked away all winter along and things that are 'new' again have a lot of appeal...and I say...what the heck...might as well make it a full load of laundry!  Bring on the sunscreen and sand!

Our project this past weekend was the garden expansion.  I originally had one plot of raspberries.  Then I added another plot to grow some vegetables.  As raspberries will do, they have crept into the vegetable plot.  I was looking to expand anyway, so dig we did!  The sod removal is the worst but the hubby and I worked together well...he shoveled, I shook. ; )


Another exciting (at least for me anyway) addition to my garden this year is the black compost bin!  Can't wait to see our kitchen waste turned into nutrient rich compost for my gardening beds.

And I am in love with my yard right now.  After spending the past three weeks hand picking three million dandelions out of my yard, the lawn is lush and green and not chemically treated!  The first day or two I had this pain in my neck...and I finally realized that my neck was sore from looking down and using the dandelion picker...so the dandelions were literally a.....pain in my neck!  *sorry*

Lilacs, hostas, tulips, purple ball thingys, lupines and bridal bush...you look grand....


daylillies, roses, and peonies I can't wait to see you! 

Summer...we're ready!

No comments: