Saturday, May 7, 2011

The V word

This post will have no pictures. And you can thank me later.

Life has been a little more crazier than normal around here and I have been neglecting my blog. I use my blog as a scrapbook of sorts and so the everyday ho-hum of daily life doesn't usually get documented.  But today I depart.

*********
I've started my Masters program this year and two semesters and two classes in have been less than impressive.Not that I need to be overwhelmed but I wouldn't mind a challenge...especially considering the amount of money that these classes cost.  So when my professor lets us out early from class I'm a little ticked off that I'm not getting my money's worth!  I know it's weird, right!  This past week I got my final project back...she writes, "I can tell you're a teacher"...and while I bask a little in the compliment I shake my head and think to myself....aren't we all supposed to be????

*********
On Sunday night, Taylor got sick...but she never woke me up, never needed me...so I thought she was exaggerating her sickness.  So in a less than shining mommy moment I sent her to school....I got a phone call less than an hour into the morning telling me that she was getting sick in the nurses office...ug!  So I scrambled to find someone to watch my kids so that I could run to school to pick her up....(thanks neighbor who will think twice before helping me again since her 10 minute 'cover' resulted in the flu as well)...she came home and slept and was still very self-sufficient with her flu symptoms. 

Tuesday afternoon, 1 daycare kiddo started...at 5:00 Molly started...at 6:00 Lacey started...we all went to 'bed'...Molly laying on my bedroom floor, Lacey in her bed...towels layed strategically, buckets close at hand and me ready to spring up at the slightest gurgle...every 30 minutes...someone was up...then at 12 Morgan started...it was a very long (or short...depending on how you look at it) night....thankfully by about 8 in the morning everyone was feeling better...and by 9 they were drinking water and cheerios and keeping everything down.

The germs have been a bit random...not hitting some people with lots of exposure...and hitting some that simply walk in and out of my house.  But hopefully it's over and we can all go back to healthy...because our May calendar is super busy...some ho-hum and some hooray!

**********
No photos...you're welcome!

No comments: