Somewhere between thesis statements and correlation coefficients we are finding a little time for fun. I am a little overwhelmed with my grad school program right now...but in a 'sick' kind of way I am pleasantly pleased to be challenged.
And while I'm sad to be spending so much time working on the computer rather than playing with the girls I hope that them watching and seeing how important education is...even to mommy...because mommy has to go to school too...is a lesson in of itself.
But every once in awhile I have taken a little break for some much-needed fun!
We made our yearly donation to the local church by visiting their church picnic and playing some games. All four were very interested in this cage game. They had to reach in a bag and pull out a key. Then the key was put into the lock and if the key opened the lock they were able to choose a toy out of the cage. They eached tried and Taylor won. Then Molly came back for another ticket because she wanted to try again. The other girls wandered off to other games. Molly tried but didn't get lucky. Back for another ticket...a little more of a frenzied look in her eyes. Again no luck...another ticket....by this time I'm really hoping she gets it...and I'm also thinking that I'm not taking her to Vegas anytime soon...she had the 'gambler' eyes....'this is going to be the one'
Thankfully it was! The door swung open and Molly dove in with both hands..........*crickets chirping* and could not make a decision....um, Molly, there are other kids waiting...Molly, you really need to choose one....Molly, you choose or I will choose for you....Molly..seriously!
She does looked pleased!
Then we sat down to eat some icecream and watch other kids play.
Well, most of us ate it...some of us wore it~
On a particularly stressful day, I called Chris on the way home and said that I needed some nature. So we packed the kids up and headed up to the Mackenzie Center. Taylor had gone with her class this year..so though we go every year sometimes more she was the 'expert' this year and couldn't wait to get us all lost!
But my girlscout training kicked in and we walked in the direction of the setting sun.....westward we shall find home...just kidding..I knew where we were...but it was fun to let her get us 'lost' just a little ; )
Molly found a nice walking stick and somthing else...can you tell from the picture???
Thankfully, the little stinker was caged....and he really didn't smell...she was just being silly....
But lacey see, lacey do....
We spent a little time at the pond...but the mosquitos were a little fiesty over there so we didn't stay long...it also makes me so nervous on that thing they use as a pier. The girls looked for turtles and tadpoles, but we mostly saw dragonflies.
We walked back up to the museums but it was almost closing time. Mr. Paul Bunyan will have to wait another day.

Gotta get back to inspecting confidence intervals......










No comments:
Post a Comment