Monday, August 1, 2011

Family Day

It's our summer birthday girl!
Morgan turned 5...and in a house where you get a birthday month and your bithday happens to fall on the last day of the month...it was a long wait!

It was a colorful birthday theme with a punch of blue...hence the blue sparkly dress that she selected.



She helped make the rainbow cupcakes and was an old pro at blowing out the candle.



sorry about the fuzz....but she got her American Girl doll this year...she loves her!


Summer birthday means pool party!  So after air conditioned presents and cake we headed outside for some water and sun.  Uncle Harlan got in the pool with the kids and they had fun dumping water on him.


This pool looks like it has hit its capacity!



Morgan is not my rough-housing kid...so she stayed clear of the water splashing and spraying and preferred to sit with Grandma and color.


After everyone left, we watched home video of Morgan...which was another birthday tradition that Morgan waited patiently for....I just love watching those video's....so cute to hear their little voices and they love to watch themselves....one of the clips was Morgan alone in her baby tub and Chris asked me if I didn't know whose video we were watching would I be able to tell that that baby was Morgan and not one of her sisters....good question...I think I would know....though Lacey was pretty sure she was seeing herself in the video when in fact it was Molly....

When the pool was a little less crowded, Morgan got some swimming time in after supper.

Happy Birthday #1

No comments: