Thursday, August 19, 2010

Teeth Tickling

Morgan had her first trip to the dentist!

Curious George came along for a little extra support.

We, as a family, all go to the dentist that I went to as a child.  The same tooth chairs are still there and the same wall paper and the same pictures on the wall..the magazines however are new!


Morgan walked into the room and marched right into the chair.  The hygenist was surprised but pleased and decided to run with it.  She sniffed the toothpaste for approval.


She looked at herself in the mirror.


And she was walked through her examine by her big sister.

After Morgan was done it was mommy's turn.  And unfortunately the novelty of the dentist office had worn off and they were feeling a little too comfortable.

So let me set the scene. I was getting my teeth cleaned so my mouth was temporarily out of commission.  Taylor and Morgan were being silly with words and giggles when Morgan stops and says, "Taylor, listen to this." 

And I swear she has never never never done this before...I'm not sure where she even heard it...

She passes gas.

Taylor bursts into fits of 8-year-old giggles.
The hygenist is kind of enough to remove the tools from my mouth so I can say.....

"She didn't just do that, right...."

However, we both know she did.  So as sternly as is possible from the dentist chair I warn Morgan to not do that again.  Less then 2 minutes later same lead in and performance.

Taylor was sent to the lobby so the audience was gone and Morgan pouted in the corner after another verbal thrashing.

I'm sure we were the talk of the office for a couple of days. 
Hopefully someone elses kids came in and behaved worse than mine!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are definetly a mom with all girls :). I am laughing as this happens all the time with Jack and because of Jack it has rubbed off on Grace...even Kate tries to do it but can't (thank goodness). I am SURE you were the talk of the office for a while :)...it was cute :).

Brenda McClure said...

This story was just as funny the second time around:)